Our President Narendra Modi came with a game-changing plan this year. He imposed various schemes and policies for the betterment of the country; to another attempt to be acknowledged worldwide. The policies proposed were taken into consideration of age factor and financial status. Policies include partnership with the research community, librarians, funders and other stakeholders to help customers. Modi came with a game-changing plan this year for the country.
1. Green urban transport scheme (GUTS) – 14 November 2016, The scheme aims to develop and improve climate-friendly transport system in urban areas.
2. Zero Defect, Zero Effect (ZED)– 15 august 2016, this is launched for the Micro, Small and Medium enterprises (MSME) sector to increase the quality of products matching global standards.
3. Startup India, Standup India– 16 January 2016, to provide support to all start-up businesses in all aspects of doing business in India.
4. Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission– 16 September 2016, to create 300 rural clusters across the country and strengthen financial, job, and lifestyle facilities in rural areas.
5. Prashant Manti Jan Aushadhi Yojana(PMJAY)– 1 March 2016, provides drugs/medicines at affordable cost across the country.
6. Setu Bharatam Project– 3 march 2016, to free all national highways from railway level crossings and renovate the old bridges on national highways by 2019.
7. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana– 1 may 2016 to distribute free LPG connections to the women belonging to 5 crores low poverty line (BPL) families across the country.
8. Indian Railways Passenger Travel Insurance Scheme– 9 September 2016, which provides an insurance cover of Rs. 10 lakh at a premium of mere 92 paise.
9. Vidyalakshmi Scheme– 16 July 2016, to interest fee loan scheme for it students.
10. National Apprenticeship Proton Scheme(NAPS)– 19 august 2016, for promoting industrial training, this aims at providing training to students in their field which will further help them in the placement and obtaining a suitable job
By Manisha Chandel